Several individual incentive and stipend opportunities are available beginning in August 2022, while funding is available, for individuals who work in early childhood direct care positions.
- Stipends are available from the N.D. Department of Human Services as part of the federal American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
- Incentive and Stipend payments are taxable income.
Eligible individuals may apply for one or all of the following.
- Career Pathways Incentive: Awarded to current members of the Growing Futures Registry who have verified completion of a designated Early Childhood credential or degree on file at the Registry and specific Career Pathways placement. Individuals may be awarded only one Career Pathways incentive of between $900-$1600.
- Workforce Training Incentive: Awarded to current Growing Futures members for completion of specific coursework or training bundles leading to a CDA Credential, Aim4Excellence Credential, or Early Childhood degree. Training must have been completed in the previous 36 months and be verified on your Growing Futures Registry learning record. College coursework must have been completed in the previous six (6) months and be verified with an official transcript sent directly to the Growing Futures Registry from the school that issued the credits. Individuals may receive multiple Workforce Training incentives up to a maximum allowable amount of $3600.
- Workforce Retention Stipend: Awarded to current members of the Growing Futures Registry who have completed the required Getting Started training course, and who have verified employment (minimum 15-hours per week) in a licensed child care for all of the previous 90 days. All applicable work hours must have been completed with the same employer. Employer must have verified employment and completed the employer's Organization Verification monthly for employees to be eligible. Individuals may receive multiple quarterly stipends up to a maximum allowable amount of $3600 or 18-months.
- Learn More: Information and Eligibility Requirement for each of the opportunities (Handout)
To participate, you MUST have:
CURRENT, up-to-date MEMBERSHIP with the Growing Futures Registry (www.ndgrowingfutures.org), including the following:
- Your legal name
- Current personal mailing address (home address). Important: DO NOT use your employer's address
- Your true date of birth
- The last five digits of your actual Social Security number. You will be able to update this at the time you submit your first application for an incentive or stipend.
Important: Your Registry account information must match your federal employment/tax information. If any of the items above do not match the federal information at the time you apply for an incentive/stipend, you will not be able to receive payment of any incentive or stipend you are eligible to receive. If you have a name or address change in the future, be sure to update your Registry Account immediately to remain eligible. It is your responsibility to make sure your account information is current and accurate.
COMPLETED ND Payment Processing ID Number (Supplier ID #) and verification from the federal IRS.
- When you submit an application for an incentive or stipend, the system will check to see if you already have a supplier ID#. The supplier id is the number that is used to issue your payment.
- If you do not have a supplier ID#, you will be directed via emails sent to your personal email account on the steps to complete the one-time process.
- Be sure the email in your Registry Account is current and is your personal email address. (See "First Time Applicants" below.)
Verified Employment: To be eligible for a quarterly Individual Workforce Stipend described below, your employer must verify your employment.
- Beginning in April 2022, your employer began receiving an email every 30 days to update and verify your employment information.
- You will not be eligible to apply for the Individual Workforce Stipend if your employer has not completed the verification form each month.
- Talk with your program director to make sure they are receiving and completing the Organization Verification.
- If you change jobs, be sure to update the Employment section of your Registry account immediately.
- Note: Family and group providers must have verified organization accounts with the Registry for their business and follow this same procedure.
How to Apply
- You can apply for incentives and stipends from your Growing Futures member account.
- Log in to your account and click on "Incentives and Stipends" in the blue left-hand navigation bar.
- Read the details of each of the incentives and stipends for which you are eligible, and follow the directions to complete your application.
- Remember: Each incentive and stipend has specific rules and requirements. Be sure to read and follow the directions carefully.
- The first time you apply for an incentive/stipend, you will be required to complete tax identification information and receive a Payment Processing ID number (supplier ID#). This will involve several extra steps.
- You will receive emails and instructions to complete the process. Be sure to follow each step exactly and provide complete information.
- Inaccurate or incomplete information at this step will mean that payment cannot be sent to you.
- It is your responsibility to make sure the information in your account is current, accurate, and that it matches the information you use for tax purposes.
- FAQ: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Handout: Incentives and Stipend Opportunities
- Flyer: Apply Now
- Instructions: How to Apply
- Video Instructions: How to Apply
- Flyer: Get Ready to Apply
- Quick Help Guide: How to Set up a Payee Profile to Receive Payment
- Add or Change an Employer l ND Growing Futures
- How to Set Up an Organization Account l ND Growing Futures
- How to Add Employees to Your Organization Account l ND Growing Futures
- Organization Verification l ND Growing Futures
- CDA Track Training Bundles l ND Growing Futures
- How to Become a Member l ND Growing Futures
- Adding College Courses to Your Growing Futures Record l ND Growing Futures
- How to Send Documents or College Transcripts to Growing Futures l ND Growing Futures
- Growing Futures - North Dakota's Early Childhood Workforce Registry
- Child Care Assistance Program - Helps qualifying families pay for child care while they work or attend school or training.
Early Childhood Division
600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 325
Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-2115, (800) 997-8516, or 711 (TTY)