Food. Education. Support. You Got This!
WIC gives you resources, knowledge and tools to help you and support your family. It’s free for moms, dads, grandparents, foster parents and all North Dakota families who qualify. Whether you're pregnant, already a mom or raising a child younger than 5, you can get the right personalized support for you and your family.
WIC’s goal is to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women and children younger than age 5 healthy. WIC offers you the following benefits:
Free, Healthy Food
- Enjoy free healthy food, such as
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Milk, cheese and yogurt.
- Cereal and other grains.
- Peanut butter and beans.
- Personalized nutrition counseling on a variety of topics, including meal planning, maintaining a healthy weight, picky eating, caring for a new baby, breastfeeding for working moms and planning meals on a budget.
- Shopping tips.
- Nutritional needs during pregnancy.
- Family-friendly recipes.
- Breastfeeding information.
- Breast pumps.
- Community breastfeeding resources.
- At some agencies: mom-to-mom support through peer counselors and breastfeeding support groups and classes.
Referrals to Care Beyond WIC
- Low-cost immunization referrals.
- Referrals for low-cost medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing, breastfeeding support and other services that can benefit the whole family.
- Substance abuse counseling.
- Domestic abuse counseling.
- Social services
- Click here for more detailed information on these programs and more