- View the Medicaid Expansion Overview page on the Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) website for provider information https://www.bcbsnd.com/providers/medicaid-expansion
- Providers will access the Availity Essentials provider portal to submit the individual’s Person-Centered Plan of Care, submit Pre-Certifications (Service Authorizations), and submit claims. Additional information regarding Availity Essentials functionality and how to get started can be located at https://www.bcbsnd.com/providers/news-resources/availity-essentials
- Provider representatives at 701-282-1003 will assist with questions about the Pre-Certification (Service -Authorization) process, member benefits and eligibility. If the provider has additional questions, they will be directed to the behavioral health Utilization Management team.
- Watch the BCBSND MCO 1915(i) Training/Technical Assistance recording. Note, the PowerPoint has since been updated, see below bullet with the updated information.
- Review the BCBSND MCO 1915(i) Training PowerPoint. Please see slide 8 for instructions on how to register with Availity Essentials. Group providers must register for Electronic Remittance Advices (ERA) and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) within Availity Essentials if they wish to receive electronic payment.