ND Help for Homeowners was created for homeowners at risk of housing instability due to financial issues.
North Dakota’s plan for utilizing Homeowner Assistance Funding has been approved by the U.S. Department of Treasury. This assistance can help qualifying homeowners who are at risk of housing instability due to past due mortgage, utilities, or related property expenses or who may be struggling to maintain stable housing for other financial reasons. These funds are intended to complement solutions that are offered by mortgage servicers and will be known in North Dakota as “ND Help for Homeowners.”
- Step by Step Guide to Applying
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Connect with a local HUD-approved housing counselor. HUD-approved housing counselors provide free, unbiased, confidential services to help you make choices to address your housing needs.
- You may qualify for help with utility bills and future energy costs through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Visit applyforhelp.nd.gov to learn more about eligibility and apply.
- Step by Step Guide to Payee Account Creation
- ND Homeowners Assistance Fund Collaboration Agreement
- IRS Revenue Procedure Notice : Tax treatment of COVID-19 Homeowner Relief Payments Clarified
- Federal Income Tax Consequences of Receiving Assistance from a State Homeowner Assistance Fund program (National Housing Law Project)
What other programs can help me?
HHS may be able to offer additional support.
Other programs you may qualify for include health care, food support and child care assistance.
For information about applying, program eligibility, or an existing case, contact the ND Rent Help Program.
Economic Assistance Policy Division
ND Help for Homeowners
600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Dept 325
Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-1907
ND Relay TTY: (800) 366-6888