ND Help for Homeowners was created for homeowners at risk of housing instability due to financial issues.
North Dakota’s plan for utilizing Homeowner Assistance Funding has been approved by the U.S. Department of Treasury. This assistance can help qualifying homeowners who are at risk of housing instability due to past due mortgage, utilities, or related property expenses or who may be struggling to maintain stable housing for other financial reasons. These funds are intended to complement solutions that are offered by mortgage servicers and will be known in North Dakota as “ND Help for Homeowners.”
See the impact ND Help for Homeowners has on North Dakota individuals and families.
- Step by Step Guide to Applying
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Connect with a local HUD-approved housing counselor. HUD-approved housing counselors provide free, unbiased, confidential services to help you make choices to address your housing needs.
- You may qualify for help with utility bills and future energy costs through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Visit the Apply for Help page to learn more about eligibility and apply.
- Step by Step Guide to Payee Account Creation
- ND Homeowners Assistance Fund Collaboration Agreement
- IRS Revenue Procedure Notice : Tax treatment of COVID-19 Homeowner Relief Payments Clarified
- Federal Income Tax Consequences of Receiving Assistance from a State Homeowner Assistance Fund program (National Housing Law Project)
What other programs can help me?
HHS may be able to offer additional support.
Other programs you may qualify for include home energy assistance, food support and help paying for child care.
For information about applying, program eligibility, or an existing case, contact the ND Housing Stability Program.
Economic Assistance Policy Division
ND Housing Stability Program
600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Dept 325
Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-1907
ND Relay TTY: (800) 366-6888