Peer Support Certification formalizes and standardizes the valuable work of Peer Services. North Dakota Behavioral Health Human Services certifies two levels of Peer Support Certification, Level I and Level II.
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a Certified Peer Support Specialist in North Dakota. We are grateful that you want to share your personal lived experiences to benefit others. Below are the steps to certification. Please allow a minimum of 30 business days to process your application.
- Verify that you meet the eligibility requirements
- Mail a $50 check or money order written out to ND Department of Human Services:
Attn: Julie HuwePlease include the name of the applicant on the check or money order.
North Dakota Behavioral Health Division
600 E Boulevard Ave. Dept 325- Judicial Wing
Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
- Download the templates below for recommendations, statements, and verification of Peer Support hours
- Complete the application, including all required attachments.
Please use the attached templates for recommendations, statements and verification of peer support service hours:
- Professional Recommendation
- Personal Recommendation
- Personal Statement Certified Peer Support Specialist I
- Personal Statement Certified Peer Support Specialist II
- Hours Verification
- Code of Ethics
If you like more info on the application process please view the Peer Support Certification Webinar.
Please note your certification fee will be reimbursed if your application is not received within 60 days of receiving the fee. If you need any assistance completing the application or have any application questions please email email@example.com