Effective April 1, 2022, Human Service Zone foster care licensing duties were transferred to the ND Department of Health and Human Services - Children and Families Services division. Legislative redesign efforts (SB 2086 (section 26) shifted all duties and licensing responsibilities to the department.
The CFS Licensing Unit will:
- Provide statewide law, rule and policy standards for provider licensing,
- Complete foster home for children licensing,
- Engage in recruitment and retention efforts,
- Identify shelter and respite care providers,
- Offer PRIDE pre-service training to prospective foster parents.
- Complete Qualified Residential Treatment Programs (QRTP) licensing,
- Complete Supervised Independent Living (SIL) licensing,
- Complete Licensed Child Placing Agencies (LCPA) licensing,
- Complete maternity home licensing,
- Complete certified shelter care programs licensing.
Who do I call if I am interested in providing foster care?
Contact the Children and Family Services Training Center (CFSTC)
- Inquiry Phone: 1-833-FST-HOME (1-833-378-4663)
Fill out the “request information link” and you will be contacted. Request information on becoming a licensed foster home for children.
How do I contact the CFS Licensing Unit?
- Phone: 701-328-2322
- Email: email@example.com
Where can I learn more about policy and forms for licensing?
ND CFS Licensing Unit works with various authorized licensing agents.