North Dakota Department of Health Promoting Interoperability Program Registration of Intent
In order to meet the Public health Reporting Objective for the Promoting Interoperability Programs, Eligible Professionals (EPs), Eligible Hospitals (EHs), or Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) may register their intent for:
- Electronic laboratory reporting
- Syndromic surveillance reporting
- Electronic case reporting [new requirement]
The North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH) has developed the following registration processes:
- All organization should verify that that EHR vendor has certified the public health reporting requirement with either the 2015 certification, the 2015 Cures Update certification, or a combination of both.
- When the organization is ready to begin the onboarding process for ongoing submission with NDDoH or will be ready within the first sixty days of the next or current EHR reporting period, you must register your intent by submitting the form link at the bottom of this page. To access this form, you must indicate that you have fulfilled our requirements for onboarding by checking the box below. If you do not fulfill the requirements but register your intent to do so regardless, your registration of intent may be rejected by NDDoH. If your registration of intent is rejected, you will need to resubmit your registration of intent again when you meet our requirements to register for onboarding.
For information on the North Dakota Immunization Information System (NDIIS) interoperability program and to submit a registration of intent to connect to the NDIIS, please visit the Immunization Interoperability page.
Click the link below to register your intent for Electronic Laboratory Reporting, Syndromic Surveillance, and/or Electronic Case Reporting. If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please put Promoting Interoperability Program, or you can call us at (701) 328-3278.
Promoting Interoperability Program Registration
Click here to register your intent for Electronic Laboratory Reporting, Syndromic Surveillance, and/or Electronic Case Reporting. By clicking here to register you are verifying that your facility/provider is ready to begin testing and validation for the measure(s) they wish to attest for now, OR your facility/provider will be ready within the first 60 days of their EHR attestation period, OR your facility/provider is not currently attesting for Promoting Interoperability Program public health measures at this time but would like to begin participating and are ready to begin testing and validation now. The North Dakota Department of Health reserves the right to reject your registration of intent at a later date if we discover that you are not prepared to begin the onboarding process.
Facility/Providers should not register with the expectation to be queued. Facilities/providers connecting via the North Dakota Health Information Network (NDHIN) are responsible for verifying with the NDHIN that they will be ready to send test messages within their attestation time frame. The NDHIN is not a PHA, and connection does not automatically equate a connection with NDDoH.