The Human Service Zones' local offices in the counties (formerly known as county social service offices) have professionals who can help people who need these services and supports: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/Food Stamps), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), heating assistance, Medicaid, including children's health services; 1915i home and community based services; basic care assistance; child care assistance; child welfare (foster care, child protection services); and referrals to other local resources and programs.

The "Host County" in a Human Service Zone is responsible for the administrative functions (payroll, other HR functions, etc.) in the zone and is marked with a star.

Report Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect

  • Call the statewide toll-free Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Line 1-833-958-3500, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday (7 a.m.– 4 p.m. Mountain Time).
    • A dedicated team of specialized child protection intake professionals will answer and gather all needed facts so local human service zone CPS workers can act more quickly to protect children.
  •  IMPORTANT: If it's an EMERGENCY and a child is in immediate DANGER, CALL 9-1-1 NOW.
  • Find more information on child protection services at

Apply for Economic Assistance Help

The Customer Support Center can help you:

  • Apply for Medicaid, 1915i Home and Community Based Services, SNAP, CCAP, LIHEAP and TANF 
  • Report changes to your case
  • Answer questions about your case or programs

This is also where you will send documents related to your case either by email, fax or mail.

Contact the Customer Support Center at:
Phone: 1.866.614.6005
Fax: 701.328.1006 
Mail: Customer Support Center P.O. Box 5562 Bismarck ND 58506