- Members of the North Dakota Behavioral Health Planning Council are appointed by the Governor of North Dakota.
- The council consists of 30 members representing:
- State agencies focused on mental health and substance abuse
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Criminal justice
- Aging services
- Indian Affairs Commission
- Social service agencies
- Advocacy groups
- Public and private providers of mental health and substance abuse services
- Adult mental health consumers
- Adult substance use disorder consumers
- Parents of children diagnosed with a Serious Emotional Disorder
- Family members of mental health or substance use disorder consumers
- Veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan conflicts
- Family member of a veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan conflicts
- Member of the N.D. National Guard
- The North Dakota Behavioral Health Planning Council's objective is to monitor, review, and evaluate the allocation and adequacy of mental health and substance abuse services in North Dakota.
- The council has a focus and vision on wellness and recovery that is consumer and family-driven.
Member Application Form - Please complete the universal application form at www.governor.nd.gov/boards
Mental Health & Substance Use Prevention, Treatment and Recovery Services Block Grants
North Dakota Legislative Branch
Resources and Links
North Dakota Health and Human Services
Behavioral Health Division
600 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Phone: (701) 328-8920
Toll Free: (800) 755-2719
Fax: (701) 328-8969