Apply for Help


Welcome to the Economic Assistance and Medicaid Self-Service Portal

Use the SSP to apply online, check your benefits, complete a review and more.


Family playing in water

Apply or complete a review for Medicaid, Food Assistance (SNAP), Child Care Assistance (CCAP), Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) and Temporary Assistance (TANF).

Apply online or manage your case

Mother and daughter watering flowers

Apply or manage your case for ND Rent Help or Help for Homeowners.

Housing Stability Programs

Family running through field at sunset

Curious what you might qualify for? Answer a few questions and find out.

Am I Eligible?


We've made some improvements to better serve you. Eligibility experts are working together to get you the help you need. There is also a new Customer Support Center to answer questions and help you apply. Learn more about how we've improved.

The TANF Monthly Report form is not available online at this time. Please complete the paper TANF Monthly Report form and submit it through the SSP or to the Customer Support Center.

The regular LIHEAP heating season ended May 31st. Applications for a cooling device are being accepted. If you have an energy related emergency (shut-off or disconnection notice, out of deliverable fuel, minor repairs, or furnace repair/replacement), please contact the Customer Support Center.

If you are a Medicaid member looking to request a 1095-B form, click here.


Customer Support Contact Info
Additional Ways to Apply

Apply by Mail: Submit a request to have an application mailed to you.

In Person: Print and complete the Application for Assistance (SFN 405) or the Application for LIHEAP (SFN 529) and then return it to the human service zone office in your county. 

For additional information about public assistance programs and client rights, view the Application for Assistance Guidebook.

For free Medicaid application assistance from a North Dakota Navigator, call 1.800.233.1737 or visit their website.

Get Started in the SSP
  1. Create a North Dakota login. If you already have one, you can skip this step.
  2. Link your case to your North Dakota login.

If you need help, find a video and step-by-step instructions on the SSP Help page.

Need help? Our Customer Support Center is here for you.

The Customer Support Center can help you:

  • report changes to your case
  • answer questions about your case or programs

This is also where you will send documents related to your case either by email, fax or mail.

Contact the center at:
Phone: 1.866.614.6005 or 701-328-1000; 711 (TTY)
Fax: 701.328.1006
Mail: Customer Support Center P.O. Box 5562 Bismarck ND 58506


I need help with...


Mother helping duaghter write


Get help with family needs including help paying for child care and temporary assistance to support your family.

Learn More

Mother and daughter shopping for produce


Find help with food from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or WIC.

Learn More

Baby getting a check up at the doctor


Find help with healthcare needs for you and your family.

Learn More

Father and son doing yardwork


Get help with heating, rent, utilities, mortgage and more through programs like LIHEAP and ND Rent Help. Find resources for individuals experiencing homelessness through PATH.

Learn More


Quick Links


We partner with other agencies that may be able to help you:

Additional help:


Financial Help (brochures, etc. about programs)

DHS Policy Manuals

Report Fraud

To report suspected fraud of the Basic Care Assistance Program, Child Care Assistance Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program , call the Fraud Hotline at 701-328-2332 or e-mail

To report suspected Medicaid Fraud, email, or call 1-800-755-2604 - select option 8 to speak with an attendant. You may also complete the Surveillance and Utilization Review Section (SURS) Referral form and submit it to the Department.

For assistance with Third Party Liability (TPL) - call (701) 328-2347 or e-mail