Child Care Assistance Program


What is CCAP?

The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) helps pay a portion of the cost of childcare for working families, or families in training or education programs.

Families with low income who meet certain eligibility criteria qualify for the program.

Quick Links


How Do I Apply for CCAP?


Apply Online

Submit an application in the Self-Service Portal (SSP).

Apply online

Apply Locally

Print an application and return it to the Customer Support Center or in person at your local Human Service Zone office.

Apply now

Apply by mail

Submit a request to have an application mailed to you and return it to the Customer Support Center.

Request an application


What are the Income Limits for CCAP?

This table shows the maximum monthly income a household can earn to qualify for the program* (before taxes).

In 2022 North Dakota increased the income level for CCAP to 85% of the state's median income so that more working families could get help with child care costs.

Family Size (Adults and Children)

Maximum Monthly Income

2 $5,158
3 $6,371
4 $7,585
5 $8,798
6 $10,011
7 $10,239
8 $10,467

In most cases, families pay a co-payment, which goes towards the cost of care. A co-payment is determined on a sliding fee scale based on a family's income and household size. Download the current sliding fee scale (Effective Oct. 1, 2022).


Information and Resources

FAQs, Flyers and Brochures

If you would like to find a version of these publications that can be translated, visit the Apply for Help Publications page.

Child Care Development Fund Consumer State Plan

The Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) is administered by the North Dakota Department of Health and Human Services. It provides many services and supports to families and child care providers across the state.

Note: A copy can also be obtained by calling 701-328-2332, toll-free 800-755-2716, or 711 (TTY).

Provider Information

What else can HHS help me with?

HHS may be able to help with more than just your child care needs.
Other programs you may qualify for include health care, food support, housing and utility help.

Find other programs.

Who can help me apply or answer questions about CCAP?

For help applying, questions about eligibility, or your existing case, contact the Customer Support Center:

Phone: 1.866.614.6005 or 701-328-1000 711 (TTY)
Fax: 701.328.1006 
Mail: Customer Support Center P.O. Box 5562 Bismarck ND 58506

State Office Contact Information:

Economic Assistance Policy Division
Child Care Assistance Program
600 E Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250

Phone: (701) 328-2332
Toll-Free: (800) 755-2716 (ND Only)
711 (TTY)


Submit an appeal request online.