Medicaid State Plan ASD Services
- Fact Sheet: Medicaid Autism Applied Behavioral Analysis Service (Updated January 2019)
- N.D. Medicaid Autism Fee Schedule (July 1, 2022)
- ABA Services Provided in the Schools (Posted March 2018)
Autism Spectrum Disorder Waiver
Brochure - N.D. Autism Medicaid Waiver (Revised March 2023)
Application - N.D. Autism Waiver (Revised Sept. 2018)
North Dakota's current Autism Spectrum Disorder Birth through Age 15 Waiver (Effective Nov. 1, 2021)
For Public Information - North Dakota Revised Preliminary Statewide Transition Plan of the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings under Medicaid 1915c Waivers (includes technical changes required by CMS for systemic approval granted on November 1, 2016.)
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Voucher
Human Services is now accepting applications for its Autism Spectrum Disorder Voucher program for the upcoming state fiscal year that begins July 1, 2021.
Families of children ages three to 17 who have been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder are encouraged to apply.
Vouchers help pay for respite care for family caregivers, assistive technology such as sensory or safety equipment, caregiver training and other support services such as tutoring.
To qualify, household income for a family cannot exceed 200 percent of the federal poverty level, which is currently $4,417 a month for a family of four. Children who are receiving services through a Medicaid waiver do not qualify for the autism spectrum disorder voucher.
To apply, families must complete the application below or contact the North Dakota Department of Human Services at (701) 328-4630, toll-free (800) 755-2604, 711 (TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families should submit the completed application and required documentation by mail, email or fax to the department’s Medical Services Division, attention Katherine Barchenger, at 600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 325, Bismarck, ND 58505-0250, email@example.com or fax (701) 328-1544.
2023 APPLICATION - N.D. ASD Voucher Program
BROCHURE - Autism Spectrum Disorder Voucher Program (January 2022)
Children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and who are not currently involved in a Medicaid waiver program, and whose families have gross incomes up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, may qualify and can apply.
Autism Voucher Program Qualifying Monthly Household Incomes
Family gross income can be up to 200% the Federal Poverty Level (listed below) to qualify. Updated April 1, 2023.
For households with more than 8 people, add $857 for each additional person.
REPORT: Autism Spectrum Disorder Services Dashboard 2021-2023 Biennium
- July 2021 - June 2023 ASD Dashboard Report
- Jan. 2022 - March 2022 ASD Dashboard Report
- Oct. 2021 - Dec. 2021 ASD Dashboard Report
- July 2021 - Sept. 2021 ASD Dashboard Report
REPORT: Autism Spectrum Disorder Services Dashboard 2019-2021 Biennium
- April 2021 - June 2021 ASD Dashboard Report
- Jan. 2021 - March 2021 ASD Dashboard Report
- Oct. 2020 - Dec. 2020 ASD Dashboard Report
- July 2020 - Sept. 2020 ASD Dashboard Report
- April 2020 - June 2020 ASD Dashboard Report
- Jan. 2020 - March 2020 ASD Dashboard Report
- Sept. 2019 - Dec. 2019 ASD Dashboard Report
- July 2019 - Sept. 2019 ASD Dashboard Report
Feb. 12, 2019 - Survey on ASD Services and Needs (Parents, individuals with ASD, providers and other stakeholders are invited to participate)
Jan. 31, 2019 - North Dakota Autism Spectrum Disorder Task Force to meet Feb. 4
REPORT: Autism Spectrum Disorder Services Dashboard 2017-2019 Biennium
- July 2017 - June 2019 ASD Dashboard Report
- July 2017 - March 2019 ASD Dashboard Report
- July 2017 - Sept. 2018 ASD Dashboard Report (Revised and reposted Jan. 30, 2019)
- July 2017 - June 2018 ASD Dashboard Report (Revised and reposted Jan. 30, 2019)
- July 2017- March 2018 ASD Dashboard Report (Revised and reposted Jan. 30, 2019)
- July - Dec. 2017 ASD Dashboard Report (Posted April 2, 2018)
REPORT: Autism Spectrum Disorder Services Expenditures 2015-2017 Biennium (Posted April 2, 2018)
Aug. 9, 2017 - Public Notice - Public Comment Period: Proposed Medicaid Autism Spectrum Disorder Waiver Amendment
July 21, 2017 - News Release - N.D. Medicaid receives federal approval to cover ABA services for individuals with autism age 21 and younger
Katherine Barchenger, Autism Services Coordinator
North Dakota Health and Human Services
Medical Services Division
600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept. 325
Bismarck, ND 58505
Phone: (701) 328-4630
Toll-Free: (800) 755-2604
Fax: (701) 328-1544