A mental health screening is one of many things parents and caregivers can do to support a child’s emotional health and well-being. The N.D. Department of Human Services and the N.D. Department of Health teamed up to provide an online mental health training course to help professionals recognize possible mental health problems affecting children from birth to young adulthood or age 21.
The training is divided into five video segments. Below each segment, you will find links to the necessary handouts and assessment tools that correspond to the training. The total running time of each training video is listed in parentheses.
Thank you for participating in the Children's Mental Health Training.
Training Videos and Assessment Tools
- Introduction (8 minutes/:38 seconds)
- Agenda (25kb pdf)
- Ages and Stages III and Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social Emotional Video (1:17:18)
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social Emotional (767kb pdf)
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire III (696kb pdf)
- Pediatric Symptom Checklist and Pediatric Symptom Checklist – Youth Video (19:16)
- Strength and Difficulties Questionnaire Video (10:10)
- Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT) Video (10:46)
Additional Evidence-Based Mental Health Tools
- Recommended Tools (20kb pdf)
- CRAFFT Assessment Tool
- PHQ-9 Assessment Tool for Youth
- Kutcher Adolescent Depression Scale
- Pictorial Pediatric Symptom Checklist (PPSC)
- Brigance Screens
- Brief Infant & Toddler Social & Emotional Assessment (BITSEA)