The North Dakota Medicaid Program's Workers with Disabilities Coverage allows some individuals with disabilities who want to work, or who are already working and who want to increase their earnings, to do so without fear of losing their Medicaid coverage. Many would not be able to work without needed medical care, and could not afford that care without Medicaid assistance.
An individual must:
- Be a North Dakota resident.
- Be 16 to 65 years old.
- Have a disability based on Social Security Administration guidelines.
- Be employed or become employed.
- Meet income guidelines.
Effective April 1, 2023
- Family size 1 - $2,734 income limit
- Family size 2 - $3,698 income limit
- Family size 3 - $4,662 income limit
- Family size 4 - $5,625 income limit
How To Participate, Individuals
- Pay a one-time $100 enrollment fee, and
- Pay a monthly premium equal to 5% of the individual's gross (pre-tax) income.
How To Apply
Find out about applying for this Medicaid coverage.
Note: If you are already covered by Medicaid but have a high-cost share (recipient liability), you may be able to switch to this new Medicaid coverage option without completing an application. You should contact your Human Service Zone office.