The purpose of a teen party ordinance is to discourage drinking parties by creating legal means to sanction the party host (e.g. homeowner, leaseholder, etc.) and party attendees, thus reducing the incidence and likelihood of underage drinking and off-premise alcohol sales.
What is this strategy?
When should I consider implementing this strategy?
- Youth are consuming alcohol at parties.
- Law Enforcement is unable to gain entry in order to make arrests or break up a party.
How do I implement this strategy?
Key Activities for Implementation:
- Review current city, county, and business policies and determine where enhancements can be made.
- Provide information and build support.
- Draft policy and work with policymakers.
Have others implemented this strategy?
North Dakota Communities:
- Loud Party (Door Hanger/Article).