What: The department's Early Childhood Division is using funding streams to support the health and sustainability of North Dakota's child care sector. The grant opportunities available to the state’s early childhood community will help address operating and facility costs, and will support greater access and quality.
Who: All Child Care Programs
- DHS Licensed Programs: Group (in-home and facility), Family, Center, School-age and Preschool
- Self-Declared Programs
- Stabilization Grants Information Sheet: Funding uses - Stabilization grant
- Health and Safety Grants - SFN Form 1682 - Funding Uses - Health and Safety
- Technology Improvement Grants - SFN Form 1683 - Funding Uses - Technology
- Inclusion Support Grants - For more information, please contact USpire ND at www.uspirend.org or call (701) 997-1950.
- Child Care Start-up Grants - For information, please contact Child Care Aware of North Dakota at https://ndchildcare.org/start or call (800) 997-8501, press option 3
- Quality Improvement Grants
How to Apply for Grants
Apply through the Growing Futures Registry at www.ndgrowingfutures.org
Step 1: Make sure Registry Account(s) are up to date. This includes your Individual Account and/or Organization Account (for business owners/directors)
- Important: If you don't have an account, Create One.
- Instructions: How to Set up an Organization Account
Step 2: Log in to your Registry Account and Apply.
- Find instructions on How to Apply at https://bit.ly/howtoapplynd
- Payment: Grant payments will be processed and paid within 30 days of the grant approval.
- Note: Due to the anticipated high volume of grant applications, programs may experience longer grant approval processing time.
- Stabilization grant renewal will be available monthly upon the completion of a spending report (within Growing Futures Workforce Registry).
- After completion of spending report, programs will have access to the Stabilization Monthly Renewal Grant within their Organization Account on Growing Futures registry to apply for continued funding. This process will be completed monthly for up to 12 months or the program reaches the maximum allowable grant total (whichever happens first), while funding is available.
Digital Resource Kit
- Grant Q and A: Frequently Asked Questions Document (Revised March 1, 2022)
- Grant Description: COVID-19 Child Care Stabilization & Recovery Grant Descriptions
- Instructions: How to Upload a Document to the Document Vault
- Instructions: How to Apply for COVID-19 Child Care Stabilization & Recovery Grants
- Video Instructions: How to Apply (Sept. 20, 2021)
- SFN Form 1682 - Funding Uses - Health and Safety Grant
- SFN Form 1683 - Funding Uses - Technology Grant
- Flyer: Apply Now (Sept. 20, 2021)
- Flyer Get Ready to Apply
- Growing Futures - North Dakota's Early Childhood Workforce Registry
- Child Care Assistance Program - Helps qualifying families pay for child care while they work or attend school or training.
Early Childhood Division
600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 325
Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-2115, (800) 997-8516, or 711 (TTY)