This strategy counters the appearance of alcohol consumption being the norm by implementing policies/controls within the school, college, and workplaces.
What is this strategy?
When should I consider implementing this strategy?
- Alcohol consumption appears to be the norm at school events or workplaces.
- There is a lack of alcohol-free events.
How do I implement this strategy?
Key Activities for Implementation:
- Assess current policies and determine where enhancements can be made.
- Start with small steps and work towards a larger goal.
- Provide information and build support for change.
Have others implemented this strategy?
North Dakota Communities:
North Dakota Century Code 15.1-24-05 “Duty to Inform”
A law enforcement agency shall notify a school principal in writing if there is probable cause to believe that a student enrolled in the school has violated underage drinking laws.