Checking ID for Alcohol Sales relates to any efforts to enhance the checking of IDs. Examples of implementation include a carding policy within a retail establishment, an ordinance/law requiring retailers to card customers, the consistent utilization of electronic ID scanners, or training servers/sellers on how to identify false IDs.
What is this strategy?
When should I consider implementing this strategy?
- Youth are able to purchase alcohol by using fake IDs.
- Retail staff are not carding.
- Retail staff are not taking the time to verify information on ID.
- Retail establishments do not have a policy in place to mandate carding.
How do I implement this strategy?
- Assess retail outlets and carding practices.
- Obtain information on local ordinances: mandatory carding.
- Determine what will work in your community.
- Build support for enhancing card practices.
- Work with retailers, council, commission, etc. to pass policies/ordinances.
Have others implemented this strategy?
North Dakota Communities: