To become a certified instructor, an individual must hold a bachelor's degree. The requirement of a bachelor's degree may be waived for driving under the influence seminar instructors licensed under NDAC 75-09.1-09 prior to December 31, 2017.
How To Get Certified
- Apply to become an instructor
- Submit an application
- Submit required attachments
- Copy of a recent background check
- Proof of bachelor’s degree (diploma, unofficial transcript, etc.); OR
- Copy of DUI Instructor certification prior to December 31, 2017 if the requirement for a bachelor’s degree is being waived
- Complete instructor training
- When the Behavioral Health Division determines an individual is eligible to become an instructor, an email will be sent to the email address listed on the application. This email will contain a link for individuals to complete New Instructor Training through Prime For Life.
- Submit training certificate
- After successfully completing New Instructor Training, submit the certificate of completion from Prime For Life.
Individuals who complete the 24-hour New Instructor Training through Prime For Life are also eligible to apply to become a certified Driving Under the Influence (DUI) seminar instructor.