ND Rent help can help qualifying North Dakota renters with past-due utility bills such as:
- Natural gas
- Other heating sources
- Garbage services
It can pay for heating costs not covered by Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) if a household participates in both programs.
How to receive payments as a Utility Provider:
STEP 1: Register as a Vendor/Supplier with the North Dakota Office of Management and Budget (OMB) at https://bit.ly/2yK2Zba
- ALREADY REGISTERED? Current OMB Approved Suppliers should log into the OMB portal to make sure their account is active.
- Inactive accounts may need to complete an updated W-9.
STEP 2: Provide Supplier ID number to ND Rent Help Team
- After you have been approved and have a Supplier ID number from OMB, email the number to the ND Rent Help team at email@example.com or call 701-328-1907 and ask for Heidi.
- NOTE to heating utility companies: Your LIHEAP provider number is not the same as the OMB supplier number.
STEP 3 - Payment
- DHS will provide payment to utility suppliers based on past-due bills submitted by the renter to the ND Rent Help Team.
Summary: See Utility Service Provider Flyer
NEED HELP? Please contact ND Rent Help at 701-328-1907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.