NDRH Housing Stability can help qualifying North Dakota renters with past-due utility bills such as:

  • Electric
  • Natural gas
  • Other heating sources
  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Garbage services

It can pay for heating costs not covered by Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) if a household participates in both programs.

How to receive payments as a Utility Provider:

STEP 1: Register as a Vendor/Supplier with the North Dakota Office of Management and Budget (OMB) at

  • ALREADY REGISTERED? Current OMB Approved Suppliers should log into the OMB portal to make sure their account is active.
  • Inactive accounts may need to complete an updated W-9.

STEP 2Provide Supplier ID number to NDRH Housing Stability Team

  • After you have been approved and have a Supplier ID number from OMB, email the number to the ND Rent Help team at or call 701-328-1907 and ask for Heidi.
  • NOTE to heating utility companies: Your LIHEAP provider number is not the same as the OMB supplier number.

STEP 3 - Payment

  • DHS will provide payment to utility suppliers based on past-due bills submitted by the renter to the ND Rent Help Team.

Summary: See Utility Service Provider Flyer

NEED HELP? Please contact ND Rent Help at 701-328-1907 or