Many falls can be prevented. By making some changes, you can lower your chances of falling.
Things YOU can do to prevent falls:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked
- Properly install window guards to prevent unintentional window falls. For windows above the first floor, include an emergency release device in case of fire.
- Keep babies and young kids strapped in when using highchairs, infant carriers, swings or strollers.
- Use approved safety gates at the tops and bottoms of stairs and attach them to the wall, if possible.