Ride Safe and Legal!
Before heading out on North Dakota's ATV and OHV trails, please remember the following tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable ride:
- Always wear appropriate safety gear when riding.
- Ensure your ATV is properly registered in the state.
- Always stay on designated trails.
- Stay off paved roads.
- Obtain the landowner's permission before going onto private land.
- Know before you go - contact the landowner or land management agency to find out about open ATV trails or routes.
- Never, ever ride an ATV while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
All riders in North Dakota who are under the age of 17 and over the age of 12 are REQUIRED to complete an approved ATV Safety Course and carry the North Dakota ATV Safety Certificate with them while riding on public lands.
Visit ND Parks & Recreation for more information on ATV class registration.