Do NOT travel if you are sick with COVID-19.
The Disease Control Main line is available for questions at 701-328-2378. Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
*Holidays may affect these hours.
COVID-19 Travel Information:
- Domestic travel: click here
- International travel: click here.
- If you need proof of your vaccine received in North Dakota, please click here.
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow additional guidance if you know you were exposed to a person with COVID-19.
- Follow all state, tribal, local, and territorial recommendations or requirements after travel.
- If you are going to be around someone who is at higher risk of getting very sick with COVID-19, consider additional precautions.
COVID-19 Travel Testing:
If you are traveling out of North Dakota and need to be tested for COVID-19 or if your travel involves situations with greater risk of exposure:
- find a COVID-19 testing location near you or use a self-test.
- if you already had COVID-19 within the past 90 days, see specific testing recommendations.
- if you need a copy of the North Dakota State Lab's CLIA certificate, please click here.
*Prior to testing, verify testing requirements with your airline and destination. At your testing site, tell the staff that you are testing for travel purposes and what type of test is required for your destination. Disclosing you are a traveler does not prioritize or rush your results; rather it allows us to more easily track your sample to provide you with your result as soon as it is available. Please keep in mind that a viable alternative for your testing needs may not be listed.
COVID-19 Travel Recommendations:
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others around you.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- The state of North Dakota recommends referring to CDC guidance.
Make sure you are informed about what you need to return to the United States. The North Dakota Department of Health is not aware of what options are available at your destination to meet U.S., carrier, or destination requirements.