The North Dakota Stroke System of Care was created by legislature in 2009 to establish and maintain a stroke system of care that is comprehensive, safe, effective, and up to date. It was designed to address rural North Dakota’s access to health care and ensure stroke patients are quickly identified and transported to the appropriate stroke center to receive timely and effective treatment.
North Dakota Century Code (N.D.C.C.):
- N.D.C.C. 23-43 Stroke Centers and Care
The purpose of the North Dakota Stroke System of Care Task Force is to encourage and ensure the establishment of effective and efficient stroke care throughout the state with a focus on serving rural areas. The task force implements regulations that include protocols for assessment, stabilization, and appropriate routing of stroke patients by emergency medical services, coordination and communication between hospitals, and other supportive measures to ensure all residents have access to quality stroke care. The task force may also make recommendations to the state department of health and health council. See North Dakota Century Code (CC) 23-43-05.
Stroke System of Care Task Force Bylaws - outline the task force responsibilities, membership, voting procedures, attendance requirements, and other aspects of the task force's operations.
Stroke Task Force Committee Members
Stroke Task Force Committee Meeting Agendas and Minutes
North Dakota Secretary of State Public Meeting Notices
Stroke Task Force Meeting Information:
Meetings are conducted the first Thursday of every third month.
- Thursday, March 2, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 1, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 7, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 7, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Stroke Task Force meetings are currently being held virtually:
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Join with a video conferencing device
Video Conference ID: 118 121 628 4
Alternate VTC dialing instructions
Or call in (audio only)
+1 701-328-0950,,444460775# United States, Fargo
Phone Conference ID: 444 460 775#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
Enjoy your meeting
Learn More | Help |
- Acute Stroke Ready Hospital (ASRH) Site Visit Agendas
Submit Acute Stroke Ready Hospital (ASRH) Designation
- North Dakota Stroke Triage and Transfer Guidelines
- These guidelines should be used by clinics and hospitals that do not administer IV Alteplase.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Get with the Guidelines
- North Dakota Stroke & Cardiac Conference
- 2023 Conference: October 25 - 26, 2023
- 2021 Conference
- American Heart Association (AHA) ND Mission: Lifeline Stroke & Cardiac Conference
- Educational Videos: Stroke Assessment and Severity Tools
- Dysphagia Screen Education
- Dysphagia Screen Infographic
- Dysphagia Screen Webinar
- Password: Stroke2022 (case sensitive)
- Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS) Training Centers and upcoming schedules
Health Response and Licensure
Emergency Medical Systems Unit
1720 Burlington Drive, Suite A
Bismarck, North Dakota 58504
Phone: (701) 328-2388
Fax: (701) 328-0357