N.D. Health and Human Services Developmental Disabilities (DD) Section Unwinding from the Federal Public Health Emergency
Thursday, April 27, 2023
1-2:30 P.M. Central Time
Virtual and In-person
In person at Prairie Hills Plaza, 1237 W. Divide Ave Ste. 1A, Bismarck N.D.
Prairie and Rose Rooms (Entrance: Door #2)
Join Microsoft Teams meeting on your computer, mobile app or device
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: Passcode: 254 783 229 855
Join by phone (audio only): 701-328-0950, Conference ID: 435 641 989#
- The COVID-19 Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE) will be ending on May 11, 2023. When it ends, some flexibilities available for Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) settings and the Traditional Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities/Developmental Disabilities (IID/DD) home and community-based services (HCBS) Medicaid waiver, will expire.
- HHS wants to provide information on the PHE unwinding activities and which flexibilities will be ending to allow providers and people receiving services to prepare for any changes.
- To address the PHE unwinding, the DD Section will be submitting a proposed amendment to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) to make changes to the Traditional IID/DD HCBS waiver. Some proposed changes include virtual services, relative caregivers, electronic signatures, and self-directed background checks.
- Review of unwinding for Traditional ID/DD HCBS Waiver and ICF settings
- Review of submitted waiver changes
- Questions/Comments from audience
Individuals needing special accommodations to participate can contact Colette Perkins at 701-328-8935, toll-free 800-755-8529, 711 (TTY) or email@example.com prior to the meeting.
Date Posted: April 12, 2023