- Members of the North Dakota Behavioral Health Planning Council are appointed by the Governor of North Dakota.
- The council consists of 30 members representing:
- State agencies focused on mental health and substance abuse
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Criminal justice
- Aging services
- Indian Affairs Commission
- Social service agencies
- Advocacy groups
- Public and private providers of mental health and substance abuse services
- Adult mental health consumers
- Adult substance use disorder consumers
- Parents of children diagnosed with a Serious Emotional Disorder
- Family members of mental health or substance use disorder consumers
- Veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan conflicts
- Family member of a veteran of the Iraq or Afghanistan conflicts
- Member of the N.D. National Guard
- The North Dakota Behavioral Health Planning Council's objective is to monitor, review, and evaluate the allocation and adequacy of mental health and substance abuse services in North Dakota.
- The council has a focus and vision on wellness and recovery that is consumer and family-driven.
Member Application Form - Please complete the universal application form at www.governor.nd.gov/boards
Mental Health Block Grant
North Dakota Legislative Branch
Resources and Links
North Dakota Health and Human Services
Behavioral Health Division
600 East Boulevard Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Phone: (701) 328-8920
Toll Free: (800) 755-2719
Fax: (701) 328-8969