- Lodging (a building or structure held out to the public as a place where sleeping accommodations are furnished for pay to transient guests).
- Bed and Breakfast (a private home that is used to provide accommodations for a charge to the public with not more than seven lodging units, in which no more than two family-style meals per day are provided).
- North Dakota Century Code 23-09 – Food and Lodging Establishments and Assisted Living Facilities.
- North Dakota Century Code 23-09.1 – Bed and Breakfast Facilities.
- North Dakota Administrative Code 33-33-05 – Smoke Detector Rules.
- North Dakota Administrative Code 33-33-06 – Bed and Breakfast Facilities.
- North Dakota Administrative Code 33-39 – Lodging Establishments.