Download guidelines for provider enrollment and Medicaid-covered services (1.132kb pdf) - January 2023
Attention Nursing Facility Providers - An updated MDS 3.0 Submission Guideline has been posted for assessments submitted starting January 1, 2020.
Specialty Manuals and Guidelines
Refer to the General Information for Providers Manual for additional information and guidelines that may apply. It is the provider’s responsibility to ensure they are adhering to all published manuals, guidelines and other ND Medicaid sources of information.
Dental Provider Manual (January 2023)
- CDT Code: D1352 (Dental Policy Guideline)
- Orthodontic Transfers (Dental Policy Guideline)
- CDT Codes Requiring Tooth Numbers/Quadrants (Excel File - Revised December 2021)
- CDT Code - D9410 House/Extended Care Facility Call (Dental Policy Guideline - Effective April 1, 2017)
- CDT Code D1354 - Silver Diamine Fluoride (Revised March 1, 2021)
- Documentation Requirements for Periodontal Services (January 2023)
- Teledentistry Policy (July 2019)
- Prosthodontics Policy (January 2023)
- North Dakota Dental Periodicity Schedule (Posted May 2020)
- Palliative Treatment of Dental Pain (January 2023)
- Orthodontia and Third Party Liability Policy (Updated Feb. 2022)
- Health Track Orthodontia Screening Policy (Updated July 2022)
- Nursing Facility Rate Manual (July 2022)
- RUG IV Classification Manual (July 2020)
- MDS 3.0 Submission Guildlines (August 2020)
- MDS Appeal Request Form (SFN 247)
- Video Training - Assigning the MDS 3.0 Classification for Payments and Appeal Process (38 minutes) PowerPoint Presentation (January 2016)
- Video Training - Basic Medicaid MDS 3.0 Training (32 minutes) PowerPoint Presentation (January 2016)
- ND Nursing Facility Payment System Booklet (January 2012) - May be printed in booklet form. Choose under 'Page Scaling' in the Adobe print screen.
The department’s vendor Ascend, a Maximus company, has updated its manuals and forms. Some information is proprietary. Providers should visit Ascend’s website to access current versions of this information. The link appears below.
Visit website: Ascend PASRR/Level of Care manual and forms
For assistance, call 1-833-997-2777
Serious Mental Illness/Serious Emotional Disturbance (Updated October 1, 2022) (174kb pdf)
- ONLINE Training (April 23, 2020)
Child Welfare (Updated July 2022) (181 kb pdf)
- Visit website: ONLINE Training - Medicaid Targeted Case Management for Child Welfare Professionals
High-Risk Pregnant Women (Updated Oct. 2020) (216 kb pdf)