You are not alone. Unpaid caregivers (family members and friends) provide most of the care to older individuals who need help with everyday activities. More older adults are also caring for grand-children, other young relatives, and adult children with disabilities.
Services offered through the North Dakota Family Caregiver Support Program promote a more positive and successful caregiving experience.
- BROCHURE: ND Family Caregiver Support Program (2021)
- Family Caregiver Support Program Handbook for caregivers (Posted June 2022)
- Family Caregiver Support Program Handbook for service providers (Posted June 2022)
Federally funded under the Older Americans Act, this program offers help to:
- Individuals who are caring for an adult age 60 or older
- Older relative caregivers who are age 55 or older, and who are caring for grandchildren or other young relatives age 18 or younger
- Older relative caregivers age 55 or older who are caring for an adult child age 19-59 who has a disability
- Individuals who are caring for a person with Alzheimer's or another type of dementia regardless of age
- Information about local community services and supports
- Assistance from a trained caregiver coordinator to help caregivers assess needs and access support services
- Counseling, Support Groups and Training services to meet caregivers' individual needs for assistance
- Respite Care offering a short break to caregivers who provide 24-hour care
- Supplemental Services to assist with the cost of incontinence supplies and assistive devices such as a shower bench or safety rails
Cost: Services are provided at no cost to qualifying people and are federally funded. Caregivers have the opportunity to contribute toward the cost of services.
Seeking Local Services
For information about the Family Caregiver Support Program and services in your area, contact the ND Aging & Disability Resource-LINK toll-free at 1-855-GO2LINK (1-855-462-5465), 711 (TTY), by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at https://carechoice.nd.assistguide.net/
Adult and Aging Services Contact Information:
1237 W. Divide Ave., Suite 6
Bismarck, N.D. 58501
ND Aging & Disability Resource-LINK toll-free 1-855-GO2LINK (1-855-462-5465) or 711 (TTY)
Fax: (701) 328-8744