ND Health Enterprise Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) is available to all active enrolled Medicaid providers.
The ND Health Enterprise MMIS will be available to providers who participate in:
- North Dakota Medicaid
- Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Home and Community-Based Medicaid Waiver Services
Providers can check claim status through the Automated Voice Response System by dialing 1 (877) 328-7098 and selecting option 4. Claim status can also be obtained through the secure provider portal.
We appreciate your participation in the ND Medicaid program and continuing to care for our North Dakotans.
All new and existing providers MUST complete a web-based enrollment application to use the ND Health Enterprise MMIS.
Guides and Fact Sheets
Companion Guides for North Dakota Trading Partners
They are to be used in conjunction with the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 Technical Report Type 3 (TR3) Guides, including all related errata documents. The Companion Guides define state-specific requirements in electronic transactions, remaining within the framework and code sets as defined in the TR3s, which support rules as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Updated May 2017
- ND Companion Guide 270/271 - Health Care Eligibility Benefit Inquiry and Response
- ND Companion Guide 276/277 - Health Care Claim Status Request and Response
- ND Companion Guide 277CA - Health Care Claim Acknowledgment
- ND Companion Guide 278 - Health Care Services Review – Request for Review and Response
- ND Companion Guide 820 - Payroll Deducted and Other Group Premium Payment for Insurance Products
- ND Companion Guide 834 - Benefit and Enrollment Maintenance
- ND Companion Guide 835 - Health Care Claim Payment/Advice
- ND Companion Guide 837D - Health Care Claim: Dental
- ND Companion Guide 837I - Health Care Claim: Institutional
- ND Companion Guide 837P - Health Care Claim: Professional
Managed Care Organizations (MCO) - Encounter Claims
Updated June 2018
- ND Companion Guide 837D Encounter - Health Care Claim: Dental
- ND Companion Guide 837I Encounter - Health Care Claim: Institutional
- ND Companion Guide 837P Encounter - Health Care Claim: Professional
- ND MCO Encounter Adjustment Processing Guidelines - Health Care Encounter Adjustment Processing Guidance
Updated Feb. 2018
- ND MCO Encounter Claims FAQ - Health Care Encounter Claim FAQ
Updated Jan. 2021
- ND MCO Procedures Requiring NDC Codes - Procedures Requiring NDC Codes
These guides provide step-by-step instruction on a reference topic and are commonly 3-10 pages in length.
- Accessing a Remittance Advice
- Creating Claim Templates
- DME Service Authorization Entry Instructions
- Managing Provider User Security
- New Institution Claim with Primary Insurance - March 2017
- Nursing Facility Primary Insurance - March 2017
- Nursing Facility Billing Instructions - Completing the UB04 - May 2017
- Taxonomy Validation in Enterprise MMIS
- Understanding the Claim Transaction Control Number
Paper claim instructions provide field-level instruction on how to complete a claim form for claims submitted to the ND Health Enterprise MMIS.
Medical Services Division
North Dakota Health and Human Services
600 E Boulevard Ave., Dept. 325
Bismarck, ND 58505-0250
Phone: (701) 328-7068
Toll-Free: (800) 755-2604
Fax: (701) 328-1544
Noridian Healthcare Solutions
Attn: ND Medicaid Provider Enrollment
PO Box 6055
Fargo, ND 58108-6055
Phone: (701) 277-6999
Fax: (701) 433-5956