Skilled nursing facilities in North Dakota are licensed by the state and certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to participate in the Medicare/Medicaid programs. The North Dakota Health and Human Services, Health Facilities Unit, has the contract for conducting the Medicare/Medicaid certification survey for CMS in these nursing facilities.
- List of Nursing home facilities in North Dakota
- SNF Medical Director Listing
- Search by county to find a Nursing home Facility near you.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Nursing Home Compare Website
- General email for LTC Complaints and Concerns. The email address is LTCconcerns@nd.gov
Nurse Aide Registry and Abuse Investigation
The Health Facilities Unit is designated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services as the agency responsible for the registration of certified nursing assistants (CNAs). In addition to maintaining the registry, the Health Facilities Unit receives and investigates allegations of abuse in long-term care facilities. There are over 10,000 people registered to practice as certified nurse aides in the state of North Dakota.
Nurse Aide Training and Evaluation Program
The Health Facilities Unit reviews and approves the certified nurse aide training programs throughout the state. Currently, approximately 56 of these training programs are approved by the Health Facilities Unit.
- Certified Nurse Aide Training Programs
- Nurse Aide Training Program Application for Approval Form
- Nurse Aide Training Program Curriculum Wording Requirements
- North Dakota Administrative Rules for Nurse Aide Training Programs, related State Code 33-07-06
- North Dakota Licensing Rules for Nursing Facilities, Chapter 33-07-03.2
- North Dakota General Standards of Construction and Equipment for Nursing Facilities, Chapter 33-07-04.2
- Paid Feeding Assistants, Chapter 33-07-03.2-16.1
- North Dakota Licensing Medical Facilities, Chapter 23-16
- AHFSA LTC Facility Infection Prevention & Control Resource List with Focus on C.Diff
- Application for use of Civil Penalty Funds
- Clarification for Long Term Care & Basic Care Bed Transfer or Bed Layaway
- Long-term Care Decision Tree
- Long Term Care Survey Results
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Northland PACE
- SNF How To Read Your Survey Report
- SNF Survey Results
Rural Health Information Hub
The Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) is the nation's rural health information source. The website offers an online library, coverage of rural issues, state guides, toolkits, program models, and more. RHIhub provides customized assistance by phone or email and is funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy. For more information follow this link:
Quality Health Associates of North Dakota serves as a link between healthcare providers and the community.
Informal Dispute Resolution (IDR) Request
Public Posting of Funded CMP Projects
- There are no current projects. CMP funds were awarded for Visitation Aids as allowed by CMS
Additional information regarding the CMP program and the most current application can be found at: www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/LTC-CMP-Reinvestment.
Additional questions and inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.