These events have been submitted to DEMS by various entities and are not necessarily sponsored by the Division. To obtain continuing education approvals, submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To request your events be posted on the DEMS website send a request to email@example.com. Not all events on this list include approved continuing education.
BNSF Hazmat Training, etc.
FNSF Hazmat offers both in-person classes (maximum size of 20 responders) and web-based training for individuals and groups. Learn more about the training and how to register here.
BNSF also provides hazardous materials traffic flow reports to fire departments and emergency managers. These reports provide a listing of the hazardous materials that BNSF transported through a city or county over the last 12 months. You can request a hazardous materials traffic flow report here.
BNSF also offers the AskRail app. This app provides responders at no cost with immediate access to accurate, timely data about what type of hazardous materials a railcar is carrying so they can make informed decisions about how to respond to a rail emergency. Get more information about the AskRail app here.
Hennepin County Medical Center: EMS TRA-CCS Trauma and Critical Care Series: Simple Education for Complex Care
- EMS Trauma & Critical Care Series is a free monthly hour-long webinar made possible by the Hennepin County Medical Center departments of Trauma Services and Emergency & Critical Care Education. EMS TRA-CCS can be watched live online or in-person on the first Wednesday of each month at 2:00 PM, or on an archived recording at your leisure.
- Register here: EMS TRA-CCS Sign Up
Sanford Health EMS Education: Recertification Education Page
NDDoH Project Firstline
- NDDoH Project Firstline, in collaboration with the CDC, offers infection prevention and control trainings that are free and available to all health care workers; so you can learn practical ways to keep germs from spreading, keeping you and everyone around you safer and healthier.
- To learn more about trainings offered by NDDoH Project Firstline, visit our webpage.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive updates on new trainings or if you have questions.
- Project Firstline flyer HERE.
2022 National Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification Training
- Fargo - TBD (see registration link)
- Williston - Aug. 2 - 5, 2022
- Complete informational flyer and registration form HERE.
- Contact information: (701) 328-4533 or email@example.com.
Project Firstline: Infection Prevention and Control Trainings: Are you a front line health care worker or student training to become one? Are you wanting to learn more about infection prevention or are you looking for a refresher course? NDDoH Project Firstline has the IPC trainings for you! We are launching a new series of three infection prevention and control trainings focusing on reservoirs, where germs live, that are available for ALL health care workers and students. This series is an excellent tool for frontline care providers. Live training sessions will be offered through GoToWebinar, be sure to register soon! CEU offered through NDBON and approved for ND EMS LCCR/ICCR.
- To register for live training sessions
Have questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Informational flyer HERE
- Introduction to Reservoirs - Where Germs Live:
- Session 1: Body Reservoirs
- Tuesday, August 9th, 12:00pm - 12:30pm
- Session 2: Healthcare Environment Reservoirs
- Tuesday, August 16th, 12:00pm - 12:30pm
- Session 3: Body & Healthcare Environment Reservoir Synthesis
- Tuesday, August 23rd, 12:00pm - 12:30pm
- Session 1: Body Reservoirs
Medical Preparedness & Response for Bombing Incidents
- 8:00 - 5:00, August 30 - 31, 2022
- Williams County Emergency Operations Center; Williston ND
- FREE education!
- Registration information HERE.
- Hazardous Materials Information/Awareness - Webinars and Web-Based Training
- BNSF Hazmat System Emergency Response Plan available HERE.
- Sign up for communications list HERE.
- Informational memo from BNSF
Department of Emergency Services (NDDES) Training and Events Calendar
Simulation in Motion - North Dakota (SIM-ND)
- Statewide Emergency Care Education with Mobile Simulation - Altru Health System, Essentia Health, St. Alexius, Sanford-Bismarck, and Trinity Health have joined forces under the directorship of ND STAR (North Dakota Simulation, Teach and Research Center for Healthcare Education) at the University of North Dakota to bring emergency care education to your area. SIM-ND is a statewide, mobile education system using high fidelity human patient simulators to train pre-hospital and hospital personnel. Grant funding from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust allowed ND STAR and the North Dakota Department of Health to design and implement SIM-ND with four large trucks outfitted with adult, pediatric, infant and pregnant / delivery simulators. SIM-ND strives to bring the highest quality emergency medical education to your area.
- For more information and to schedule a training session to to the SIM-ND Website.
Death Investigation Training (Basics, Cultural Competency, Advanced Topics, Forensic Pathology)
- Online, enroll anytime
- 3 months to complete the course upon registration
- Independent study
- Work at your own pace
- Course Registration / Information Here
- EMS ICCR hours approved: Basic - 7.75, Cultural Competency - 2.25, Advanced Topics - 5.0, Forensic Pathology - 18.0
Free EMS Continuing Education
- Approved by North Dakota DEMS.
- Supported by Stryker