Applicants or recipients of Medicaid who are dissatisfied with a decision made by the county agency or the North Dakota Department of Human Services, or who have not had their application acted on with reasonable promptness, may appeal to the North Dakota Department of Human Services.
To File an Appeal:
- An appeal can be filed verbally over the phone, or in written format by email, fax or mail.
- A request to appeal must be filed no later than 30 days from the date the notice of action is mailed.
- You can use SFN 162: Request for Hearing to file the appeal but it is not required.
- You are not required to sign SFN 162: Request for Hearing to submit the appeal request.
- If you do not use SFN 162: Request for Hearing, please provide your name, contact information, and program decision or error that you are appealing.
Language Assistance and Auxiliary Aids and Services are available at no cost.