Disease Report Card
Complete the ND Morbidity Report Card to report COVID-19 Results. Choose COVID from the Disease or Condition selection line. Please wait for the confirmation page after each submission to ensure results are processed
COVID-19 is a Mandatory Reportable Condition
North Dakota Administrative Rules 33-06-01 requires the reporting of novel severe acute respiratory illness, which includes COVID-19.
Update (May 11, 2023): Providers are required to report all positive test results.
- The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act authority, which required reporting of all COVID-19 clinical and laboratory tests regardless of result ended on May 11, 2023.
- The North Dakota Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) requires only positive COVID-19 tests to be reported. This includes all positive diagnostic nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT), antigen tests, or other diagnostic tests.
- In-home (e.g., self- collected) and antibody positive results should not be reported to HHS and will not be accepted.
- Tests conducted under CLIA certification and those operating under a CLIA certificate of waiver (e.g., schools, correctional facilities, long-term care, pharmacies, pop-up testing sites, some provider offices) should continue to report positive results as described above to HHS.
- For labs outside of North Dakota, the national AIMS platform is the preferred method of reporting through HL7 Messages. Please visit https://aimsplatform.com/ for more information and complete this form to register with AIMS to begin reporting ELR.
- Electronic Reporting through the submission of HL7 Messages is preferred when possible. Email email@example.com for more information about setup and validation
- Long Term Care Facilities reporting individual test reports to NHSN (not aggregated counts) are fulfilling their requirement to report to the state at the same time, and do not need to report to the state independently.
- Simple Report is an easy Point of Care portal operated by the CDC. Register online here!
What is Required?
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Address (Street, City, State, Zip, County)
- Telephone Number
- Specimen Collection Date
- Specimen Source (e.g. NP, OP, Saliva)
- Name of Test (PCR, Antigen, Antibody)
- Test Result (Positive, Negative, Inconclusive)
- Result Date
- Special Notes (optional)
- Name of Lab or Clinic
- Name of Person Reporting
- Phone of Person Reporting or Facility
- Facility Type (e.g. Clinic, College, Correctional Facility, Family Planning, Hospital, Lab, LTC, LPHU, School, Tribal, Other Clinic, Unknown) (optional)
- Specimen Identifying Number (optional)