Coming soon - interested providers can enroll to provide 1915(i) Home and Community-based Behavioral Health Services.
What are 1915(i) Home and Community-based Behavioral Health Services?
North Dakota Medicaid 1915(i) Home and Community-based Behavioral Health Services support eligible individuals with overcoming barriers in their social and physical environments that limit their ability to gain or maintain access to life in the greater community.
For new providers, completing the Medicaid enrollment process can seem challenging. Our goal is to assist you in the best way possible with learning the steps to enroll, as well as answer any questions you have during the process.
To access the provider enrollment application and forms visit Provider Enrollment Website.
Download ND 1915(i) Qualifications
Prior to enrolling consider the following:
Does my agency meet the qualification?
- Individual and Agency qualifications vary by each service type and can be identified within the scope of each service of the State Plan Amendment Application.
Become familiar with Medicaid/ Medicaid Expansion Billing and Infrastructure.
- Connect with known Medicaid Providers in your area to learn more about service billing processes.
- Ask yourself the following:
- Does my agency have the capacity to manage records and documentation?
- Does my agency have the capacity to implement a regular billing process for 1915(i) services?
- Will I have staff available to learn this process?
- Will staff need additional training?
- Attend upcoming trainings. This Department will host several trainings to address the following:
- Provider Enrollment Orientation: How to enroll as a 1915(i) Medicaid Provider
- Medicaid 1915(i) Home and Community-based Behavioral Health Services Orientation
- Orientation to 1915(i) Medicaid Billing
Both individuals providing services and agencies employing individuals must complete provider enrollment process.
The process includes:
Step 1: Obtaining a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number. Determine if you will need an Individual NPI, Organization NPI or both.
Step 2: Complete the Provider Enrollment Checklist.
- Checklist identifies individual taxonomies and group taxonomies within the application.
Step 3: Complete the online application
Step 4: Submit necessary documentation to complete the enrollment process. (Process Pending)
- Review the checklist you completed in Step 2. The checklists include information about the documentation/forms required for the type of service/services you will be providing
- Obtain required forms by clicking on the links in the checklist
- Complete the required forms
- Sign any forms requiring a signature
- Gather required documents from your files (such as licenses, federal tax letters, bank letters, etc.) – These vary depending on the type of service/services you will be providing
- Submit all documents and forms with your checklist as a coversheet to Provider Enrollment
Step 5: Enrolled Medicaid 1915(i) Providers affiliate/ terminate affiliated individuals.